Dahil sabi ni Sir bawal daw ipaphotocopy yung ohp.
Review of Related Literature
- Ascertain the extent of work that has been done on the same area thus avoiding duplication
- Justify the need for new or further investigation
- Fill in existing gaps clarify inconsistencies, or substantiate existing facts
- Obtain insights as to how similar problematic situations were resolved in the past
- Obtain new ideas and approaches which has not occurred to you
Style and Format in writing a Review of Related Literature
- The relevance of each topic in relation to the problem should be clear although not directly or explicitly stated.
- A segment of the methodology used in the previous researches may be cited in detail in case where the present study involves the use of modified or an entirely different technique.
- The studies being review should be properly cited. The last name/s of the author (s) is/are given either at the beginning or end of the statement that needs to be cited. The name is followed by the year of publication in which the form appeared.
- If you must cite a reference that is not available to you, but has been cited in an article that you have read yourself, indicate that you have not read the original article yourself.
- In citing an article with a corporate authorship (ie., issued by a committee, society or institution) cite the organization or the editors.
Burkhill and Merill (1958, cited by Quisimbing 1975) reported…
FNRI (1982) the nutritional states of Filipino children in the elementary grades.